Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bye Bye Carl, Hello Lou

Seeing the obit for Carl Karcher (Carl's Jr.) made me think about Lou Sheldon. I remember back in the late '90s, when I first became a gay activist and was involved in battling Shedon and his Traditional Values Coalition www.traditionalvalues.org that Karcher was a big suporter of Sheldon's. At that time, Sheldon was a small-time anti-gay bigot involved in stopping the first Orange County gay pride celebration (he didn't succeed, but that's another blog). I don't know if it's still true, but back in those days, no self-respecting gay or lesbian would be caught dead eating at Carl's Jr. The boycott even went on for years after Karcher had nothing to do with the company except for being a figurehead.
Anyway, seeing Karcher's obit made me want to check in with my old nemesis Lou, so I went on his site. The only thing I found were the "TVC Comics," which once again prove that conservatives have no sense of satire, they only know how to attack.
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/comics/index.php

No comments: